Sunday 20 February 2011

This is the second re-design from the first design I did and already I like it better, it shows off a little more skill then before, and lots more personality, in this version I have tried to make the website seem more “hand-made” that why i have decided to include the hand drawn pictures and the typeface which is Akbar, again gives it the made from hand feel, but this early design is not without its flaws. I think the main section of the screen is rather too busy with the cartoon drawings, ad the is a lot of negative space behind the text (the white background) something which I will have to fix up in the re-designs.  

When i tweaked with the levels abit ,alomst  giving it a 1970's feel
At the moment am at a crossroads, I want that handmade feeling , but i am getting more and more impressed and inspired by the that “1970’s” feel  , I think the best way to descried the kind of style i am going for is design of Spanky Van Dyke’s.

– a bar/bistro that is opposite the Newton building at Nottingham Trent university   , it has that organic feel , but combined with a real 70’s American  retro feeling  something right out of Saturday Night Fever., it is one of my favourites bars in Notts  and I recommend anyone to pop in and take a look. Another inspiration i have had is the two music videos from “I can talk” by “Two Door Cinema Club” and “Hello” by Martin Solveig & Dragonette both of which give me the feeling of 70’s Europe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment