Thursday 21 October 2010

Here i wanted to talk in detail more about my final interactive space project i have entitled "Mundane".
Setting: the setting I have choose for this particular project is my halls of residence (Manor Villages) , starting from my bedroom , the corridor , the main corridor and stair access and the laundry room , the reason I choose this is because I wanted to familiarize the user in an environment that they could all find themselves in.

Characters: the main character involved is the user i.e. you , so the story is being told from a first person view or POV , the reason why I have choose this to display the narrative is because I wanted the user to feel engaged with the surroundings plus I feel that the best stories are told them the first person view.


Mood: this is where i wanted to really display my skills with a camera and editing skills in Photoshop, whatever I take a photo, I always feel the need to experiment with them , no matter what the subject , I think this urge comes inspiration taken from German expressionists , whom used to experiment widely with painted shadows and weird and unique camera angles. For me i wanted to experiment with light and dark shadows, that’s why my interactive space is more experiential with shapes and shadows rather than a interesting plot hence the reason why i have called this project “Mundane”


so far i have nearly done with the project , just having to link the images up in Dreamweaver and then email them to simon which shouldn't take more then a week. I will keep you all Posted.

1 comment:

  1. looks good. looking forward to seeing the final hosted version.

    ReplyDelete