Thursday 25 October 2012

ATRG Presentation

Part 2 

Target audience.

In terms of target audience , since this research group doesn’t normally operate within the public sector , the website will have a very niche audience , this audience will consist of;
Media:  the media will most likely get involved with the website when breakthroughs in the technology have been made, news coverage might be involved so potentially through the media , will be the only time the public will have contact with the website.
Research post grad students:  Post-graduates with the intention of joining the group as members of staff.
Sponsors: Sponsor group with the intention of investing into the group will have contact with the website.
Industry: industry experts and even rivals with gain contact with the website , this particular target group is important as we will want to give the right impression.    

An interesting question was discussed in terms of target audience and mobilisation , the question was asked , since we have a very niche market  and  will access the site for a particular reason in mind, they will not be causally browsing on it via a mobile device e.g. iPhone , Galaxy S3 etc.
The reason why I bring this up is because I was planning on creating a tablet and mobile site for the group , but I might scrap the phone site and stick with the tablet and desktop site.

Web Browsers

Standard at this stage for any web developer , this site will be tested and be functional in latest versions of  Google chrome , Apple’s Safari , Internet explorer 9  and Firefox. I am not too sure how far back into I.E I want to go but I don’t think I will make it I.E6 compactable since I am using HTML5 and CSS , I.E6 will not recognize the new code , I will have to make a page stating to update the web browser, but in this case I have find it unlikely as anyone who will access the site , will most likely have the latest browser.      

No comments:

Post a Comment