Friday 5 November 2010



I Wanted to go down a rather abstract look to my interactive space project, in terms of look, feel and styling , so I choose to focus on camera angles , hue , saturation , brightness and contrast, as a consequence the design formalism leans more towards a graphic style, limited palette and maybe even a s

ense of negative space. I also wanted implement space and proportion, so in some of my photos you can see elements of extreme close up's using my camera super Marco feature and in other photo's such as the stairs , the scope is much wider.

An example of the different camera angles.

The main thing i took from the classes before I fully got to work on this project , was how I was going to represent the visual drama on the screen , so when doing this , I wan

ted to have a contrast (e.g. from small to large , from high to low contrast etc) Like i had stated before , I wanted to focus more in the look of the project then the narrative at first , so that’s why the story is rather plain hence the title :”Mundane” The story is basic just you the user taking down some washing , later on when revise this idea I will focus a lot more on the narrative.

Two shots from my finished project with the "Futura" Font.

I wanted to experiment with network and tree hierarchies and also way finding when I first started this project, but although this is the case in the first few screens due to me not using Dreamweaver before i was at first overwhelmed with the HTML coding (something which i haven’t used also) by the end of the narrative the user will follows a liner path. But now that i fully understand on how to use Dreamweaver and HTML coding , i am now at the stage where i can follow my original l idea and having a much more complicated narrative with multiple wayfinders and branching narratives.


On reflection i am pleased with this project at this moment in time in terms of visuals (even though i planned to re-do this project the way i wanted to do in the first place) i partially like the typography used here. The font i used on this project was called “futura” , this font really worked well with my images and i wanted to experiment more with this font , but unfortunately when I tired to download this font at home it was brought to me that i could only buy this font from adobe , to say i was disappointed would be an understatement , so for my next version of this project i have to try and find a typeface which works well with my images but i can also find online when I continue the project at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment