Wednesday 7 November 2012

Logo Development - ATRG





Over the past two days I have been really cracking on the development of the project , in this case I have been creating different logos for the ATRG , as I said in my presentation , I believe that when you think of ATRG , and the work they undertake , you cannot help think of the future and that is what I have tried to implement in my designs.

Design 1



With this first design I wanted to emphasize the symbols of the research group loud and vibrant , the problem with this design which I perceived straight away is the fact that the letters after the large letters are very small and would be hard to read.
To solve this problem I could move the letters closer together and make the lettering after the “ATRG” much bigger but I like the amount of spacing in-between the letters and I feel if I move the lettering closer together then , it would seem cluttered and not achieve the clean logo I want to achieve.

Design 2



I wanted to experiment with my second design , so this design is more of a high concept idea then the pervious , I have gone for a more unusual layout aswell, by having the lettering at an angle, also on reflection , I wanted to implement the science factor more into my design , so I created guidelines at either side of the logo.

Design 3


This design is more hasn't got much changes from design 1 , just slight changes such the brightness of the logo , which I had added an outer and inner glow , and I have also blurred out the guidelines at the sides of the logo to give a more 3d Effect on the logo.

Design 4


Again I wanted to develop the science aspect much more then in design 3 , so I decided to add “wiring” to my logo design , and I like the effect that it brings to the image , but again I feel that it is too cartoonish and not the clean cooperate image I wanted.

Design 5


Again , just more development on the design , this time I added a patchwork effect in an attempt to play to the “textiles” aspect of the group.

Design 6



This is more of the style of logo I am trying to achieve, I believe it strikes a perfect balance between high concept design and corporate importance, I wanted to keep the design simple and the typeface clean , the line I have running through the middle of the logo plays a vital role in the design linking the A,R and the G.

No comments:

Post a Comment